Sunday, May 3, 2009

Nicki Doane Workshop







It has been a busy couple of months and I have been meaning to share pictures and tell you all about the wonderful time we had with Nicki Doane! First off, if you have never taken a class with Nicki Doane, TAKE ONE! Nicki is an amazing teacher. She shared so much with us, was extremely inspirational, encouraging, comforting and supportive. 

I have never stretched and opened my hips so much EVER! The feet, ankle and hip sequences are amazing and have really deepened my practice. I loved the pace of her class, slow and meditative. One of her quotes was, "The pose starts when you are ready to come out of it." I find that so true, not only physically but, it really becomes a challenge for the mind and that is where the mind/body connection happens.

Not only is she an amazing teacher, but a wonderful person. Nicki doesn't just talk Yoga but she lives it! I had such a great time over the weekend and look forward to having her back next year and I am sure a lot of you who attending can say the same!




2 comments:

George Lichter said...

This looks like it was a great workshop! I love the quote about the pose starting when you're ready to come out of it. That is so true.

Thanks for posting!
George Lichter

jindi said...

thanks For this beautiful blog. You described very well about the yoga. You said right that I to know that Yoga not only helps us to keep the body fit and healthy ayurvedic yoga therapy